Each year, the wineries of Columbia & Montour counties host several seasonal events, allowing participants to enjoy a festive trip through the heart of the Central PA countryside. The counties have nine fantastic local wineries. During each event, the wineries will offer special pairings and prize baskets for a few lucky winners.
This February, treat your sweetheart to a romantic outing filled with wine and chocolate. The “Wine & Chocolate Week” in Columbia & Montour Counties is a great way to celebrate the Valentine’s Day season with a loved one or significant other. From Friday, February 9th to Sunday, February 18th, wineries will offer special chocolate pairings with their wines, and participants will have the chance to get tickets stamped at each location for chances to win a prize. Each winery will provide an individual prize basket and one large Grand Prize basket will be compiled with bottles of wine from every winery. Tickets are FREE, but tasting fees may apply at several of the wineries.
The wineries participating in the February Wine & Chocolate event are:
Colonel Ricketts Hard Cider Winery – Benton
Elk Mountain Winery Outlet at Stoney Acres – Benton Outlet
Freas Farm Winery – Berwick
O’Donnell Winery – Berwick
Pickering Winery – Orangeville Outlet
Red Shale Ridge Vineyards – Danville Outlet
Shade Mountain Winery & Vineyard – Riverside/Danville Outlet
Three Dogs Vino – Bloomsburg
**NOTE** The trail can be completed during each winery’s normal business hours. Please call or visit individual wineries’ websites for their hours of operation.
How it Works
- If you are interested in participating in the Wine & Chocolate Week, simply proceed to one of the wineries of your choosing during the posted event dates (you may start at whichever one you’d like).
- Pick up an event ticket at the first winery you visit – all will have tickets available.
- Fill out 1/2 of the ticket and turn it in at the first winery. Keep the other half to record stamps/signatures.
- Enjoy your first seasonal wine pairing and have your ticket authorized in the assigned space for that particular winery.
- Proceed to the rest of the wineries during their normal business hours and enjoy delectable pairings + get more stamps/autographs!
- At your final winery stop, turn in your completed second half of the ticket to be entered to win any of the prize baskets. All participants who complete every stop on the trail will have a chance to win any of the individual baskets and the Grand Prize basket regardless of where they turn in their ticket.