Welcome to Columbia & Montour counties – NOW GET OUT! (and explore). Hiking, Biking and equestrian trails are plentiful in our region and our State Game Lands also have ATV trails. In the winter our State Parks offer snowmobiling trails and ice climbing opportunities while our Preserve offers Cross-Country ski trails and ice fishing. During the warmer months contact one of our local outfitters and explore the beauty and serenity of the Susquehanna River by canoe or kayak; it’s a great place to view wetland wildlife and eagles. Our State Game lands provide for great hunting and our creeks are home to world-class fishing. If you live to play in the outdoors you will certainly love Columbia & Montour counties.
Outdoor Recreation Guide
To explore all of Columbia & Montour counties recreational opportunities, click here to download the 24-page Outdoor Recreation Guide!
If you would prefer a hard-copy of our Outdoor Recreation Guide be mailed to you, just click the following link, to request info »
Outdoor Recreation Google Map
Coming Fall 2013! Plan your visit to Columbia and Montour counties using our new interactive outdoor recreation map. This map includes detailed information on all outdoor recreation opportunities listed in our outdoor recreation brochure, as well as a few more!
Please note, this map will be in Google Earth format. If you do not have this free program, you may download it here.
Read the articles below that have been written on various outdoor recreation activities in Columbia and Montour Counties:
- Birding – Meet over 200 of our feathered friends at PPL Montour Preserve (PDF)
- Biking – Shift Gears and test your endurance in the Columbia County 50 (PDF)
- Reel ‘em In – Fly Fishing on Fishing Creek (PDF)
- A Humdinger of a Race! – RTRS Geisinger HumDinger 7.1 Mile Trail Run (PDF)
- Rails-To-Trails: Robbins Trail – The Oldest Rails-To-Trails in the U.S. (PDF)
- North Branch Canal Cruise – Canoe Susquehanna (PDF)
- A Cold, WInter’s Catch – Ice fishing in Columbia & Montour Counties (PDF)
- A Winter’s Kick & Glide – Cross County Skiing in Columbia & Montour Counties (PDF)
- Flowing Waterfalls & Babbling Streams – Brace’s Stables (PDF)
- Ricketts Glen: A Journey Through Time (PDF)
- Wesier State Forest: Following the Footsteps of a Miner (PDF)
Recreation in Columbia & Montour Counties